Sunday, January 18, 2009

Interesting hero Call

Lately I've been doing some experimenting with hero calls.  Now I don't normally like to make hero-esque plays, but I think it's necessary in some cases in order to increase win-rate.  Below is an example of a hero call.  I'll post my thoughts of each play as I go.

Hand #1749011426001243: Calgary (6-Max) 11426
Seat 2: N.Sa*** (20.10 in chips)
Seat 3: Unab*** (26.30 in chips)
Seat 4: Bans*** (37.95 in chips)
Seat 5: senorbum (19.55 in chips)
Seat 6: wild*** (12.95 in chips)
Seat 7: Sina*** (46.30 in chips)
N.Sa***: posts small blind $0.10
Unab***: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to senorbum [ Ac Qc  ]
Bans***: folds
senorbum: raises to $0.70  Pretty obvious raise
wild***: folds
Sina***: folds
N.Sa***: folds
Unab***: calls
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ 7c 7h 9s  ]
Unab***: checks
senorbum: checks  Now I will normally cbet here, but I like to mix it up once in a while to balance my range.
# # # TURN # # # [ 8d ]  This is a pretty blank card.  I'm probably still ahead here
Unab***: bets $0.60  Odd bet sizing here.  It's like 1/3 pot or so.  This is either a monster or nothing almost always.  If it is some random 1 pair like A8s, he's probably giving up on the river, even though he shouldn't.
senorbum: calls

&&& RIVER &&& [ 4s ]
Unab***: bets $2.70  This bet makes no sense at all.  He went from extreme underbetting to making a PSBIf he has a monster, he's almsot certainly just mashing the 1/2 pot button.  Rarely do people at these limits value bet the river so hard.  Occasionally you might see it, but not often. 
senorbum: calls
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Unab***: shows [ Kc Ts ] (Pair of Sevens  ) 
senorbum: shows [ Ac Qc ] (Pair of Sevens  )
senorbum wins $7.70 with Pair of Sevens with Ace  kicker

No comments:

Post a Comment