Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Quick Update


Today I started dabbling in some $16 turbo Single table Sit and Go tournaments to see if the competition is any tougher than the $6 tournaments. So far, it seems not to be. My first tournament ended when blinds got somewhat high and somebody decided to slow play AA to my AJ. The flop came 2J5 or something, with 2 suits. I had to stack off, as there was so much he/she could have had. But my second tournament came with me taking down first! I know it is just a STT, but its still good to know that these don't have that tough of competition. I got most of my chips when an aggressive player raised from the CO into my AK in the BB. I reraised about a pot sized amount, then he shoved over me. We were #1 and #2 in chips, so I wasn't quite pot committed at that point. I tanked for a bit and made the call and he turned up KQo. I've been tanking more and more latetly, just because I want to evaluate what I think he/she could have. Making snap decisions is definitely -EV.

No comments:

Post a Comment