Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brutal Semester: Over

Today felt like it would never come.  All week, and many of the weeks before, I've been far too busy.  Finding time to workout, play poker, and play Fallout 3 (amazing btw) has been ridiculous. It's generally been pick 0-1 of them and get less sleep.  But its over.

Poker tonight was so/so.  I took some brutal beats, 2 against the same player.  The first time I had KK in LP and MP just flat shoves for 60BBs into an unraised pot.  I call and he flips over 47o.  I don't even remember what came on the board, but needless to say, he took down that pot.  The second hand against this player I had KK, again, and raised preflop like normal.  He just called, as well as one other player.  The flop was 553 rainbow.  Random player checks, donk bets .10 into a $1 pot, I put in a pot raise.  Random player folds, donk min raises and I shove.  At this point I know that he has a 5 in his range, but then again, his range is approximately 22+ as well as random hands with 5's and 3's.  When the cards are flipped over he shows A3o.  He spikes an A on the turn and takes down a $20ish pot.  So, Instead of being up $16 to him I'm down $16 to him.  That's a 3 buyin difference.  But such is poker.  I got my money in well ahead both times, so that's all I can ask for.

Outside of cash games I've been playing a lot of $2.20 180 man turbos on stars.  I used to play the $4.40 games, but they take so long and the play is at the same level, if not worse at the 2.20s.  People have no idea what range to shove/call shoves with, among other things.  An example of this is it was folded to me so I shove OTB with 3.5BB's (don't ask how I got that low).  Both SB and BB folded?  I was moderately confused, as calling 2.5BB's into that large of a pot is clearly +EV.  Oh well.  I think I played 10-12 games tonight or so and cashed in 4 of them, final tabling 3.  No big cashes, as the best I finished was 4th, but I put myself in great position over and over, so I'm very happy.

Tomorrow I shall be driving/visiting family so I'm not sure if I'll get to play much.  More updates soon though.


Oh, and rakeback is amazing.  $80 this month.  I should hit at least $100.  Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment